Triumph Bonneville T120

by Alonzo Grey
(Hinesville, GA)

Triumph Bonneville T120 Bobber

Triumph Bonneville T120 Bobber

This is my 1969 Triumph Bonneville T120 Bobber that I bought from a guy who built it around 2000 and won a trophy or two. It's the first bike I just bought and haven't built. I was a little leery of not knowing what was going on inside my Triumph Bonneville T120 so I have since disassembled the whole bike, fixing problems as I went, and reassembled it. I started thinking what I could do to make it mine, but I can't think of anything I can really do that I would like more. I have contemplated putting an old Indian style leaf spring front end on it but it's ride is so light and agile I don't want to mess that up. It's got it's flaws as any old bike that actually gets ridden does, but I love my "Bonne". The tank is off of an old BSA and the rear fender is from a trailer supply company and I made the fender struts. It has the old school Z-bars and Harley controls. Makes it interesting replacing a cable. I'm going to mount a set of brass chopper shocks under the seat and debating whether to paint my T120 Bobber black with red pinstripe. I really like the silver though. It turns heads everywhere I go. I appreciate any tips, comments, suggestions, concerns or anything else the chopper community has. Thanks Bros!

Comments for Triumph Bonneville T120

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Feb 25, 2012
Rating
starstarstarstarstar
triumph70
by: Anonymous

I have a 1970 triumph bobber,black convert from single carb to dual which made it interesting to identify.I ride it nearly every other day,gotta scratch that itch, t100 500cc rebuilt it.
Serious head turner.

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Your Bike.